All the emotions of sport and the 2012 Olympics, celebrated through Reuters photograpy.
Palazzo San Liborio
Sport Senza Frontiere npo and Pho_To Projects for Photography, in collaboration with Reuters and Contrasto, present for the first time in Turin the exhibition LET'S SPORT All of the emotions of sport and the 2012 Olympics, celebrated through Reuters photography.
The exhibition, organized in support of Sports Without Borders non-profit organization, is curated by Roberta de Fabritiis, in collaboration with Luca Corsolini passionate chronicler of the last Olympics and Paralympics games, which he followed live from London for Sky Sports.
LET'S SPORT is presented in Turin under the patronage of the Piedmont Region, the Province of Turin and the Turin City Council and it is open to the public from the 30th of November 2013 to 23rd of January 2014.
In the splendid setting of the historic Palazzo San Liborio in the heart of Turin, the exhibition presents images of sports, extraordinary and exciting, as taken by Reuters photographers, to describe the heart of the sport, its emotions, its values, its power: the London Olympics, the extreme sports, the team game to cheer the audience…sport permeates the lives of all human beings, in all latitudes of the planet, always.
Over 60 color photographs describe what is sport, how much energy it requires, as human beings express themselves and communicate and to get in touch with their body.
Organized into five sections photographs are grouped by themes:
• London 2012: the best shots of the most recent Olympics with a focus on the Italian champions;
• beyond all limits: images of recent sporting achievements unique, sometimes crazy and reckless, sometimes heroic ;
• for play and passion: sport as a game, passion, the sport of the people;
• team spirit: when you say sport you also say solidarity, teamwork, fair play;
• stories without frontiers: 5 stories of 5 beloved contemporary Olympic champions. How sport has changed their lives for the better: Alex Zanardi, Michael Phelps, Roberto Cammarelle, Meseret Defar, Mo Farah. Emblematic stories of transformation and redemption, love and trust, also lived through sport , who took on the challenges of life, sometimes very hard and turned it into a big dream.
All photographs at the end of the exhibition, will be auctioned. And all the proceeds will be donated to Sport Senza Frontiere npo a non-profit organization.
Location: Palazzo San Liborio via Santa Chiara 1, Torino